York Law Firm based in Sacramento, California, specializes in elder law abuse and neglect cases. Our practice focuses on protecting elderly residents from abuse or neglect in Assisted Care, Skilled Nursing, and Assisted Living Facilities.
What is Elder Law in Sacramento?
Both the United States and Sacramento are facing an aging population. As our baby boomer generation enters retirement, the need for legal representation of our elderly population grows greater every day. Our attorneys focus on the practice of Elder Law Abuse and Neglect to serve and protect our aging citizens.
Under California Law, Elder Law is the California statute that protects people who are age 65 years and above from the crimes of physical or emotional abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation. One of our Elder law Sacramento Attorneys can assist in helping you understand the rights and protection of elder residents in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Facilities. Our practice focuses on protecting the rights of elderly residents who have been abused or neglected in such facilities.
What does an elder law Sacramento attorney do?
An Elder Law Sacramento Attorney from York Law Firm is there to provide legal representation for residents who have suffered the following kinds of abuse and neglect while residing in an elder care facility:
- Pressure sores and skin trauma (e.g., burns from overexposure to sun, scalding, hot water, etc.)
- Polypharmacy (multiple medications that when combined cause injury or harm
- Medication errors
- Contractures (caused by a resident being neglected and left in one position for too long)
- Falls (lack of supervision or care planning to reduce the risk of falls)
- Head injuries and subdural hematoma
- Malnutrition and weight loss
- Wandering (unsupervised)
- Abandonment and segregation (isolation)
- Injuries from restraints (wrist restraints, chest restrains, Posey belt restraints wheelchair restraints)
- Poor hygiene (dirty soiled briefs, no showers/baths)
- Delay in getting medical attention
- Physical and sexual abuse
- Psychological abuse
Some Important Questions to ask When hiring an Elder Law Sacramento Attorney
Handling a successful legal action against a nursing home chain requires not just a keen understanding of applicable law, which we have, but also significant experience in obtaining judgments and awards against corporate entities created to thwart justice. Before engaging an attorney to bring an elder abuse or neglect action, ask the following questions:
- How long have they specialized in elder abuse and neglect cases?
- How many elder abuse and neglect cases have they handled?
- What is the aggregate amount of judgments and awards your firm has obtained for your clients?
- How much experience do you have obtaining forensic evidence as well as legal, medical, and corporate records from elder care facilities?
How much experience do our attorneys have practicing Elder Abuse and Neglect Law in Sacramento and Northern California?
York Law Firm’s attorneys have handled more elder abuse cases, and for more years, than most other law firms in Sacramento or Northern California.
What does York Law Firm Charge?
York Law Firm works on a contingency fee basis. That means that if our clients don’t win a plaintiff’s settlement or verdict in plaintiff’s favor, we don’t charge anything.
How to find the best Elder Law Sacramento Attorney?
At York Law Firm, we treat our clients like we would our family members. We fight passionately on behalf of your loved ones to make sure they are treated humanely and with deep respect. If you are seeking legal representation for an elderly family member in the Sacramento Metro area or Northern California, we are here to help. If you have questions regarding the treatment of a loved one in an elder care facility, call us at 916-643-2200.
York Law Firm is a member of the Capital City Trial Lawyer’s Association (CCTLA), The American Association for Justice (AAJ), California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR), Women’s Lawyers of Sacramento (WLS) and Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC). We are rated by Super Lawyers for more than 15 years.