Fighting For The Elderly, Vulnerable and Injured.
- Personal Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Wage and Hour Class Actions
Injury Attorney Wendy C. York Sacramento, Fairfield and Bay Area
Ms. York represents plaintiffs and consumers in personal injury, nursing home abuse and wage-and-hour class actions. She served as co-lead counsel on a statewide wage-and-hour class action against UPS representing UPS drivers which settled for $87 million dollars. She previously served as co-lead counsel of a nationwide class action / mass torts case, as well as served as a member of the Plaintiffs' Executive Committee against Johnson & Johnson / Ethicon. Learn more about personal injury attorney Wendy C. York, and contact our practice, serving Sacramento, Fairfield, and other Northern California communities, to schedule a consultation.
Awards And Recognition
Wendy C. York was selected as one of Northern California's Super Lawyers in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. This prestigious honor places her in the top five percent of lawyers in the state.
Ms. York won the Sacramento Advocate of the Year Award for 2006 from Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association (CCTLA). She was a Finalist for 2006 Consumer Attorney of the Year from Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) based upon her work holding nursing homes accountable who abuse/neglect our elders. She again was named a Finalist for 2007 Consumer Attorney of the Year by CAOC for her work in representing UPS drivers in one of the State's largest wage and hour class action settlements.
Notable Verdicts And Settlements
Some of Ms. York's more notable settlements and verdicts include the UPS wage and hour class action for $87 million on behalf of over 10,000 California UPS drivers for wage and hour violation by their employer. She received the first nursing home neglect verdict that went to trial in Sacramento County for $3,000,000 on behalf of an 84 year old woman who was neglected and abused in a nursing home. She has fought for her elderly clients and received $1,000,000 or more insurance policy settlements in nursing home abuse cases, holding nursing homes accountable for their wrongful actions. She won a race discrimination case ($1,150,000 verdict/judgment) on behalf of a dedicated employee who was discriminated against based upon his national origin. She won a personal injury case that went to trial in Tehama County ($1,100,000 verdict) for an injured man based upon the County's neglect in setting up a dangerous road construction site. She settled an amusement park injury case for $4,550,000. She has also settled multiple motorcycle personal injury cases, including one for $2,750,000.
If you have suffered an injury in an accident and need an attorney serving Sacramento, Fairfield, and other Northern California locations, please contact York Law Firm today. Ms. York and her associates would be happy to set up a consultation to discuss your potential claim.
Professional Background And Affiliations
Ms. York has served as an Officer and Board Member of the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC). Ms. York has also served as an Officer and Board Member of the Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association (CCTLA) and as a Board Member for Women Lawyers of Sacramento (WLS). She has also been a member of the Anthony M. Kennedy Inns of Court. Ms. York is a member of AAJ, CAOC, CCTLA, California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform, California Employment Lawyers Association and the Sacramento County Bar Association.
She earned her law degree in 1993 from UOP McGeorge School of Law, where she also served on the Board of Editors for Law Review. Ms. York is a graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College. She received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice at CSU Sacramento in 1989.
Ms. York is admitted to practice in California, U.S. District County, Eastern District of California, Northern District of California and U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit.
Ms. York is committed to giving back to many non-profit organizations. In 2015 alone, Wendy York and York Law Firm gave to CANHR and FATE.
Ms. York is committed to giving back to our community. Learn more about her community service and the pro bono work of our attorneys.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 1993
- California State University, Sacramento, California
- Bachelor of Science - 1989
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Anthony M. Kennedy Inns of Court, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- CCTLA, Member
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento (WLS), Board Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Officer and Board Member
- Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association (CCTLA), Officer and Board Member
- Northern California’s Super Lawyers in 2007-2022
- Sacramento Advocate of the Year Award, Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association (CCTLA), 2006
- Finalist, Consumer Attorney of the Year from Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), 2006 - Present
- Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee against Johnson & Johnson / Ethicon, Member